Registration and Booking
Places cannot be reserved on any Worcestershire CALC or joint training event without the completion of a registration form.
- The completed registration form constitutes a legally binding contract.
- Bookings will not be accepted after the 'Registration closes' date displayed on our website (even when received through the post)
- All delegates must be booked in advance of the event registration deadline (this includes delegates booked under free place offers).
- Any delegates turning up at an event without prior booking will be turned away
Any cancellations must be received in writing at least 7 days before the event or the full fee will be payable. This is reduced to 5 days for online events.
- Where payment has already been processed cancellations made within the time frame above will be refunded by bank transfer to the council.
- Any cancellations made after the 7-day deadline are not transferable. This is reduced to 5 days for online events.
- Substitute delegate(s) may be named at any time up to 8am the day before the event.
- When naming substitute delegates please provide a contact email address so that we can confirm the booking details to them
- Free places cannot be booked once a course is full or after registration has closed.
- The above offers are not included in Clerk's Toolkit, eLearning courses, or any events run by outside bodies.
- Where events have a limit of one delegate per council free places will not be available if we do allow more than one delegate to attend.
It is the responsibility of the person booking to check the spelling of delegates names on the confirmation emails advise of any changes, as this will be used for all event contents, badges and certificates and registration documents.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation email to the email addresses provided at the time of booking, if you do not receive these confirmation emails you are not booked onto the course, please contact the office as soon as possible.
- We will only use the personal information you give us with regard to the event you register for, this data will be retained for a minimum period of 14 months following the date of submission, and for a maximum period of 48 months following the date of submission.
- No personal data will be shared outside of Worcestershire CALC, except in the following circumstances
- The Clerk Tutor, who has access to booking details for all Clerk events and may contact you directly with pre or post course information and handouts.
- If you have agreed that we may share your details with the tutor of other courses.
- All data submitted through our website is encrypted and held securely on our servers in the UK.
Photography and Recordings
We may take photos at the event which are likely to be used in any of the following ways
- Worcestershire CALC or other websites
- social media feeds
- Worcestershire CALC marketing materials
- newsletters and publications
We may record online (Zoom) events which may be used in any of the following ways
- shared on YouTube publicly
- shared on social media feeds
- shared on our website
- shared in our newsletters and publications
- thumbnail (still) images extracted and used in any of the media listed above
if you object to your image being used in this way, please inform us in writing prior to the event.
Course Cancellations or Changes
It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of Worcestershire CALC, to change the content and timing of the programme, the speaker, the date, or the venue. In the unlikely event of any event being cancelled, Worcestershire CALC will automatically refund any course costs paid, but disclaim any further liability. Travel costs will not be reimbursed.