Gotherington Parish Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer Vacancy
This community job has broad scope and is ideal for someone with administrative and basic financial experience who commits to rural community work within this beautiful area in the Cotswolds.
Gotherington is a small village with a population approximately 1200 some 5 miles from Cheltenham Spa. It is surrounded on the north by the villages of Woolstone and Oxenton, and to the south by Woodmancote and Bishop's Cleeve. Knowledge and familiarity with Gotherington and the local area would be an advantage but is not essential.
The job would suit an existing parish clerk, or someone with business or local government administrative experience. Work averages 10 hours a week paid monthly, with the actual time spent peaking around the parish council meetings which are held 12 times a year in the evening, and at the end of the financial year.
Candidates without the specific local authority experience would also be welcome, and would learn basic legal and local authority requirements for which training will be given. Councillors are active in their support to the Clerk and take on projects themselves. Good financial and other processes and systems are in place.
What’s on offer
- A permanent contract and pension.
- Professional training.
- Working from home with laptop and printer provided.
- Being well organised, able to focus on detail, and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Being comfortable working with other people, within the village or officials/businesses elsewhere
- Familiarity administering budgets, and contracts administration
- Setting agendas, taking minutes of meetings, and following up action points
- Good and open communication, including email & social media.
This will be in line with the mix of skills and experience the candidate brings, and is anticipated to be up to£15 per hour.
Recently the Council has been run with the support of a locum Clerk with Councillors providing a supporting role. We’d dearly like to hear from potential candidates to share the load! Applications are required by 1st September 2022.
Please enquire with a CV to the Chair of Gotherington Parish Council, Mavis Rear