Belbroughton and Fairfield Parish Council is seeking to appoint an innovative, forward thinking, and proactive Parish Clerk and RFO to assist the council in achieving its targets and aspirations. The Parish Clerk will have the responsibility for ensuring that the instructions of the Council are carried out and will work actively with elected members to help develop existing services.
20 hours per week (including evening meetings)
A candidate can be expected to be appointed on the current NALC salary scale SCP 20 – 24, £26,446 – £29,174, pro rata, dependant on holding the appropriate qualifications and experience. Salary negotiable for highly experienced and qualified candidates.
The successful candidate will be based at home but must be prepared to attend evening meetings when required. The Council and Committees currently meet on the first and third Mondays of each month respectively. Some work may require meeting representatives and contractors on site.
The individual we appoint would be ideally qualified and hold the CiLCA qualification, however applicants who are willing to study towards, or are at present working towards this qualification, are welcome to apply.
Suitable applicants should be able to demonstrate confidence and proficiency within the necessary requirements: -
- Ability to manage correspondence for and on behalf of Belbroughton and Fairfield Parish Council, including incoming and outgoing email.
- Compliance in IT literacy, the Parish Council currently uses Windows 10 application together with Microsoft Word and Excel software packages, and other media platforms.
- Be able to work effectively and independently.
- To be compliant in QuickBooks Software Accountancy Package or willing to learn. To manage a diverse range of working within the Parish Council accounts, such as, monthly financial reporting, budget preparation, managing the cash assets, property portfolio, presenting reports for Internal and External Audit, consolidating of invoices and payments, sending out invoices and receiving payment and making payments to the various bank accounts via on-line banking.
- Be able to prepare agendas and take accurate minutes to be posted on the Council’s website.
- Able to ensure that Belbroughton and Fairfield Parish Council are kept up to date, conform with current legislation and documentation.
- The candidate will be expected to work from home and to work flexibility over 20 hours per week. Some extra could be included for specific projects and training.
- To liaise with District and County Councillors and members as necessary.
- To liaise with the Parish Lengthsman and contractors as necessary including payments of invoices.
- To deal with and process planning applications on the Bromsgrove District Council Planning Portal.
- To respond to residents’ enquiries promptly and with courtesy.
Application forms and the full role specification can be obtained from Ruth Mullett, Acting Clerk by emailing at belbroughtonandfairfield-pc.info. If you have any questions prior to applying, then please contact Ruth Mullett on Tel: 07967 501943 to discuss the role in more detail.
Closing date for applications: 30th June 2022
Belbroughton and Fairfield Parish Council aims to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. See: (Equality and diversity policy)
Appointments will be made on merit in a fair and transparent process.